“It’s a great honour to be a part of the STAR Platform. Since my mother is a violin pedagogue, I’ve had the opportunity from a very young age to witness the teaching process and the development of young violinists. This is a fundamental precondition to a successful preparation of a young musician for the big stage. The pedagogic work has always aroused great admiration and interest in me. I believe that my work as a violin teacher at the STAR Platform will give me the opportunity to meet and work with many talented students from all over the world. This could be achieved through our joint work online. I am very eager to share with the many young talents my knowledge and experience gained through my cooperation with some of the greatest, globally recognized musicians and violin pedagogues.” – Zornitsa Ilarionova
Reina Sofia College of Music, Madrid
New Bulgarian University, Sofia
Zornitsa Ilarionova studied with the world-renowned professor Zakhar Bron at the Escuela Superior de Musica Reina Sofia, Madrid and with the prominent international violinist Mario Hossen at New Bulgarian University.
She has numerous prizes in many national and international violin competitions, including “Pancho Vladigerov”, “Young Virtuosos”, ”Kanetti” (Antaliya, Turkey), First International Violin Competition “Varna” 2015 and many others. She has enjoyed performances in Paris, Cannes, Monaco, Madrid, Lisbon, Brussels, Hamburg, Essen, Moscow, Vienna, Bratislava, Bern, Ljubljana, Interlaken, and in numerous international music festivals. She has worked with musicians including Pavel Vernikov, Boris Garlitsky, Igor Petrushevsky, Midori, Ivry Gitlis, Michael Frischenschlager, Gerard Poulet, Donald Weilerstein, Oleg Krysa, Latica Honda-Rosenberg, Svetlin Roussev, Vadim Gluzmanm Yuri Volgin and many others.
Zornitsa was awarded by Ministry of Culture of Bulgaria for high achievements in the art of violin playing. She is grateful for the support of the “Dimitar Berbatov” Foundation as one of the most successful young musicians in Bulgaria. She is a laureate of the competition, organized by “Yordan Kamdzhalov” Foundation.
In 2014 she received from her Majesty Queen Sofia in Royal Palace of El Pardo in Madrid, Spain the award “The best violinist in the violin class of Zakhar Bron”. In September 2015 she was a finalist at 13th International violin competition “Henryk Wieniawski” in Poland. Zornitsa is a “Young Performer of 2015” of the prestigious Bulgarian award “Cristal Lyre”. She has been especially recommended by Zakhar Bron as one of the most promising young violinists to perform at one of the most renowned festivals in Europe – ”Encuentro de Santander 2016”. Her recent achievements include:
- “Grand Prix” and the special award of Radio France concerts during 2017/2018 concert season at XXV International Music Competition “Music and Earth” – Sofia, Bulgaria.
- becoming one of the 8 semifinalists at Windsor International String Competition in Windsor, UK.
- 3rd prize at the International Music competition “Rising Stars” – Berlin, Germany.
- 2nd prize-winner at the International Violin Competition “Suna Kan” – Ankara, Turkey.
- 1st prize and also the Special prize of Thomastic Infeld at the International Music Competition “E-Muse”, Greece.
- 1st prize winner at the International Music Competition “Rising Stars of Europe” in London, UK.
- 1st prize at the International Music Competition “Best Wieniawski Performance” in honour of the 182nd anniversary of the birth of Henryk Wieniawski, giving a successful performance of his first violin concerto, London.